Wednesday, August 23, 2006

first..


this may be an odd picture to start bloggin on but i use it because it is funny to me.. im no art expert but this picture seems to illustrate a couple yelling in frustrating at each other.. i could be wrong and it may just be a couple in love who make cat-like faces to show their affection.. not so much.. its funny to me because i see my life in this picture in the way i have "conversated" with others in the past.. i bring this up because i have come to realize that life is one long conversation.. we conversate about everything in life from sports to celebrity news.. aches and pains.. accomplishments and the short comings of everyone else..
this conversation also includes our every day beliefs and differences.. like this pic, i used to force my beliefs on others in a way that was only interested in being heard instead of hearing.. ive been learning the life lesson that if you go into a conversation without the willingness to be wrong, its not a time of conversation but a session of forceful conversion.. instead of listening and engaging in conversation, my goal was to simply convert the others' thoughts to be like my own, for all to think like me.. for that i have been foolish..
i think of almighty and i see the example of compassion through ears.. listening to one another is the art that society abandoned and replaced with forceful speaking.. in all things, what becomes more and more evident to me is my human nature of crooked living.. i appreciate so much the art of listening and the value of conversation.. i believe society has suffered the same shift from conversation to conversion.. we dont listen to each other anymore.. we listen if it matches what we believe..
[ive hit a point right now where this concept has overwhelmed my brain and there are way too many thoughts for thoughtful and orderly blogging.. im gonna go ahead end this mess and pick up the pieces later].. peace..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Vaka, I remember us talking about this subject this summer. You did a great job putting your thoughts into words. This is one of those things I want to print and share with people....seriously.