Sunday, January 21, 2007

fourth..

my goodness its been a while since ive been on here.. well, juss had a random thought that i dont want to forget.. i went with mrs. shannon wifey to babies"R"us to look at potential gifts for the future nephew.. we looked at some clothes then ventured to the crib section.. she showed me one that she thought would be great for lil vaka some day.. it was pretty nice lookin.. i wasnt feelin the pink and purple cribset but thought the crib was really nice.. after shannon walked away, a black crib caught my attention. it had a white and blue nautica cribset that juss look awesome.. i dont know what it was, but when i was lookin into the empty crib, i imagined my future child in it and a huge gust of emotion flew through me.. i called it the daddy goosebumps.. it was as if, i were standing there leaning on the crib as my son (i tend to beleive that my 1st will be a boy) is sleeping in complete and wholesome peace..



now, i know that shannon isnt pregnant right now cause im married to her and thats enough said.. but i am in awe of the thought that some day, i will have a child that my wife will bring to life and will look to me as its father.. thats awesome and i very much look forward to the day.. i dont want to to forget today.. although it was something small, it was still meaningful..

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I read your bolg and thought that it was awesome what you were feeling about being a father someday. I don't know if you have heard, but Ron and I are expecting a little one in June. We will find out on Feb. 15th if its a boy or a girl. And trust me it is definetly an awesome feeling to know that you are going to be a parent soon. I can't wait and good luck to your future.
Jacque Trembulak

Unknown said...

hey, u gonna call me homes? are you free this weekend?

Anonymous said...

I was just looking at some of my old posts and saw you hit me up. I didn't know you had a blog, but I'll start checking it. Looks like I should do it about every two months so I don't miss any of your posts. We need to get Sea and Trev back out for some more hoops... Hope you and the wife are well.

Casey Dawn said...

I know you wrote this a long time ago...but I just saw it for the first time. I just think it's really cool, since you really are going to be a dad, how you had such an intense emotional reation to a crib. Hmmm...I think God knew what was coming...