Friday, March 07, 2008

twenty.third..

highway 1 - santa cruz, ca

this week my home has been wifeless cause shannon has been out of town.. my good friend david branch happen to have his spring break this week so he decided to come out for a visit.. today we went to san francisco to see the sites.. the day consisted of fisherman's wharf / pier 39 / the bush man / clam chowder bread bowl / golden gate bridge / haight - ashbury / and lumbard street.. on our way back to santa cruz, we decided to take highway 1, a 60 mile drive back home.. it was a beautiful drive.. we stopped at the pigeon point lighthouse to catch the sunset pictured above.. it was my first time taking highway 1 from san fran to santa cruz.. definitely will be doin that again.. i highly recommend it..



ps.. as david and i were walking towards pier 39, when we passed her, some random old lady started yelling, "i hate hawaiians.. go back to hawaii.. go back to hawaii".. she then started to try to tell me to go back to samoa, only it sounded like a mix between samoa and somalia.. i didnt really know what to say.. i wasnt sure if i was more offended by her hatred of polynesians or that she didnt know i was tongan.. oh well, i figured we all have our story and shame on the hawaiian man that broke her heart in the past.. well i dont know if thats why shes so mad.. just run with it..

on our way back, we saw her from a distance and i decided to walk right past her with a blank stare.. she didnt say a word.. my first thought was "man she could of gave me a great blog to write".. i guess i'll just have to settle for the sunset..

pss.. this blog took me 4.5 hours to write cause me firefighter pager has been goin off all night.. only medical calls though.. its 4:36 am.. im tired.. nite..

1 comment:

Going Weston said...

I once knew a lady whose husband was in the navy in WWII. He was stationed on one of the smaller islands of Hawaii. He wrote her everyday; letters about how much he missed and loved her, how the war was going, etc. One day the letters stopped coming. A few months of no word, the lady finally gets a letter that reads, "My Dearest Margret, I have met another, a native here on the island. He loves me in a way I have never known to be possible. We ran away and I wont be coming home. Regards, Franklin."

So I'm just sayin...